Monday, July 14, 2008

Minimize Your Wardrobe

Today I cam across handprints on the wall, and she is hosting Minimizing Monday. This is indeed a good thing. For me I just moved in my first home. Yes i am finally a homeowner.... I was going thru the clothes I had boxed up with my mom and she was just saying we had alot of clothes. I looked around realized we really do have alot of clothes just between me and my 2 boys not including my husband.My husband JB has been telling me for the past year we have alot of clothes, but I guess i was in denial.I told him I only have my 6 years clothes and the ones that I kept for my 2 yr old and the one's that he is using but..... who knows, What is considered alot?

But I like to read biblicalwomanhoodonline and have been inspired by Crystal......I have been inspired to start to keeping things simple and after reading on how many articles of clothing she keeps per season for her and her family I decided while going through my boxed clothes that I will do just that. I will keep only 2 weeks worth of clothes for me and my family.I was going to do a weeks worth but my mom said do 2 weeks just in case i didn't do laundry one week i still have enough clothes.This for starters. I know it's going to be hard but worth it in the end. I have decided to do clothing items only.Maybe on day i can work up to going thru my shoes. This is a work in progress and will keep you posted on the my progress. What will you do to minimize your wardrobe?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you!! Baby steps... I'm so glad that you have been inspired to start thinking "less". Please post pictures whenever you get a chance to go through your stuff!! We'd love to follow along with you. And thanks for sharing!